Thanks so much to everyone who helped make the Beer and Boomerangs Book Launch a success! Despite the seasonal midwestern cold and darkness, we enjoyed three hours of beer, wine, salty snacks, boomerangs, rocking out on the $10 Electric Guitar & Thunderdrum, and kid-based bedlam–including ad hoc rolling chair bumper car races.
We’re still celebrating the holiday season:
1) Now through Xmas save 35% when you order the book directly from the publisher, No Starch Press, using the coupon code MAKEMORE
2) We’ve released another sample project as a free download: Project 18: Cardboard Boomerangs. You’ll be making and throwing in minutes, esp. if you download these Print-n-Snip Boomerang templates (work great with cereal boxes)
The official Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred book launch party is December 3 from 6 to 8pm at the Workantile Exchange (118 S. Main St., Ann Arbor, MI, 48104)
- FREE beer and family-friendly refreshments!
- Hang out with Dave-o himself!
- Check out projects from the book!
- Build, tune, fly, and keep FREE cardboard boomerangs!
December 3 is also Midnight Madness throughout downtown Ann Arbor, so the streets will be lively with free music, jugglers, fire eaters, and crazy-awesome deals at lots of shops, restaurants, bars, and cafes!
RSVP via Facebook, or email me at dave[AT]davideriknelson[DOT]com, or just show up and have fun!
Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/5572laj – Shared by narcosislabs
Sew your own with this free sample project from Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred (the Cthulhu mod is at the end of the project; mine is pictured below).
No Starch Press and Malloy (the printer, right here in Ann Arbor, Michigan) have made a superawesome book out of the jumbled mess of ill-lit pics and typos I produced–and you can order it directly from the publisher at a 35% discount with this coupon code: MAKEMORE (good until the end of December).
(UPDATE: As of 2014-ish Malloy is now Edwards Brothers Malloy. They no longer print my book for No Starch, but they are still rad and still right here in Ann Arbor, MI,)
YouTube – 20100731-Ignite-MakerFaireDetroit-08-DavidErikNelson-Writing
The first few words of my talk were cut off; they were: “My name is David Erik Nelson, and I make my living by writing.”