Just a quick heads-up for folks in Michigan: I have two events next weekend! Please spread the word, cuckoo bird!
1. Horror Reading!
I’ll be reading from my book There Was a Crooked Man, He Flipped a Crooked House at the Grey Wolfe Scriptorium bookshop in Clawson, MI on October 27. Details:
- October 27, 7pm
- Grey Wolfe Scriptorium
- 145 E 14 Mile Rd, Clawson, MI 48017
- Phone: (248) 629-6800
I’ll level with you: This is going to be a hoot. It’s a good book, it reads well, and I’m moderately hilarious. I’ll bring snackies of some sort.
Nonetheless, I’m totally dubious about my capacity to draw an audience. Therefore, I’m running two contests(!!!) associated with this event:
- CONTEST: If you are the one and only person who shows up you get a free book, a personal reading, and a free drink at the nearest bar!
- BONUS CONTEST: If the number of attendees exceeds the number of fingers I have (total), I will additionally read from the novel of y’all’s choosing. No reasonable request refused!
2. Good Noise in the Loud Lab!
On October 28 I’ll be the featured artist in the Sonic Workshop at the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum from noon until 4pm . I’ll be running my “Loud Lab,” which includes a special installation of the Slinky Sound Forest, weird homebrew instruments and freak-out noisetoys you can rock out on, and an opportunity to craft your own weird noise-music-thingies under my dubious tutelage. Details:
- Sonic Workshop and Loud Lab: Sun, October 28, 12pm – 4pm
- Ann Arbor Hands on Museum, 220 E. Ann St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Hope to see you next weekend!